Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"FUN" One Layer Card

Today is day two of the online Clean and Simple Card class that I am taking. Boy, the inspiration is incredible, both from the teachers and from the other students! Today’s class was titled “Perfectly Flat Cards” which are also referred to as OLC (One Layer Cards). These are my favorite, both because they are truly clean and simple and because they are a breeze to duplicate.


I chose to use Close to my Heart’s awesome Rock the Block stamp set that comes in the promotional kit this month with the cool My Creation Collage Cubes. (I will post my Cube project later this week.) Check out the details on this promotion here. It’s hard to tell in the photo, but I actually used Cocoa ink with Cranberry. It almost looks black in the photo. The card base is Papertrey Ink’s great Stampers Select White cardstock. When I make One Layer Cards, I like the cardstock to be nice and heavy and PTI’s cardstock is perfect.

Until tomorrow...

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lisa. I love one layer cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a FUN card, Lisa! i can tell you are enjoying the class as much as i am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Great colors and wonderfully graphic stamps! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this is a FUN card - love the flowers and the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AS always, you amaze and inspire me. When I grow up, I want to create just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, Lisa. I am going to go & recreate it right now! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Karen's comment made me smile :) My thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete