Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rock the Block


Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days. My MIL is visiting from Wisconsin and we’ve been busy entertaining her. *Ü*

I did have some time to finish my Rock the Block Cube Game, so I thought I would share it with you today. I used the fabulous Close to my Heart promotional Cubes and coordinating stamp set to make this fun tic-tac-toe/puzzle game with some family photos. My kids were playing with it before I even finished making it, so I know it will be a big hit in our house now that it’s finished. LOL!


I cut (4) 6" x 6" photos into 2" x 2" squares and adhered them to the blocks.


You can see the base of the cubes here.


I wanted to cut some Xs and Os with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to make it into a tic-tac-toe game, so I after cutting them out, I decide to add them to the blocks with a fun border. I love the borders that come in the Rock the Block set, so instead of masking them, which would have been totally easy to do, I actually cut the inside of the stamp out and just used the outline. I stamped the border on some 2" x 2" pieces of Roxie paper and then adhered them to the blocks. I also used some Roxie paper for the base of the blocks. This was actually a pretty quick project to make and I know it will provide hours of fun for my kiddos (and me!)


Would you like to get your very own Rock the Block stamp set and Collage Cube set? Simply place an order for $25 out of the current CTMH  Fall/Winter Idea Book and you will qualify to get both the stamp set and the Cubes for only $15! (That's almost a $30 savings!) Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or you are welcome to place an online order here.

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are lovely- you really did rock the block :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute - I love the X's and O's that you added - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! Love the pictures and the xoxo's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was SO FUN! I was trying to figure out what to do with another side. My grandson adores playing tic tac toe and it's the perfect thing for Rock the Block. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete