Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Baby Shower Card Box


I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Close to my Heart’s new My Creations Card Boxes. I used one to make this box for a friend of mine who is having a “baby sprinkle” tonight. (She is pregnant with her 4th girl so she really didn’t want to have another baby “shower.” We couldn’t let her have another baby without some sort of celebration, so I am calling it a “sprinkle” instead.) Each of her friends will be able to write some words of wisdom on a card that she can keep in the box. She suggested this because she knows that there will be days when she will be at her wits end and need some encouraging words at a moments notice. She will keep her box of encouragement close by so whenever she needs it, she will have those uplifting words from her friends, even at 3am when she may need it most.


I used my favorite papers from the Sophia Collection, along with a rose cut from one of the ribbons in the Pink Designer Ribbon Collection.


The scallop card borders were cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge from Hollyhock cardstock. The large flowers on the cards were stamped in Baby Pink with a Hollyhock center using the A Posy set. The little corners are from the Limited Edition, September Stamp of the Month, set.


I will have another Fall themed project using one of these great boxes to share soon. 

All supplies used are CTMH unless otherwise noted: 
Paper: Sophia Collection
Cardstock: White Daisy, Hollyhock
Inks: Baby Pink, Hollyhock
Other: My Creations Card Box, Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Hollyhock Marker, Pink Designer Ribbon Collection

1 comment: