Saturday, September 24, 2011

Making 3-D Cakes with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge


My cake video is finally ready. Sorry for the delay. I was trying to figure out the best way to use our video camera to make the video, but unfortunately, the quality isn’t as good as I had hoped. In any case, here it is. I hope it is helpful.


Below are the dimensions I used to cut the pieces for both the small cake and the large cake:

Small Cake:
Bottom: Cut 3 pillow boxes at 3-3/4" (Hexagons cut at 4")
Middle: Cut 3 pillow boxes at 2-1/2" (Hexagons cut at 2-3/4")
Top: Cut 3 pillow boxes at 1-1/4" (Hexagons cut at 1-3/8")

Large Cake:
Bottom: Cut 3 pillow boxes at 9-1/2" (Hexagons cut at 10")
Middle: Cut 3 pillow boxes at 6-1/2" (Hexagons cut at 7")
Top: Cut 3 pillow boxes at 3-3/4" (Hexagons cut at 4")

If you are interested in learning how to make the 3-D flowers, you can check out another video I made here.



If you would like to order the supplies to make one of these fun cakes, you can do so on my website here. Feel free to contact me or post any questions. 

      Happy Creating,

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layered cakes are amazing! Thanks so much for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - once again you have "wowed" me. I got my kit in the mail today - thank you!! Just wanted you to know that I gave you a blog award here http://ejoym.blogspot.com/2011/09/im-honored.html
    Thanks so much for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete