Sunday, January 23, 2011

H2H Challenge - Bird Card

This week’s Heart 2 Heart Challenge is to create a project incorporating an animal or a bird. I chose to use one of my favorite, and most affordable, stamp sets called A Tweet. Did you know that Close to my Heart has a number of adorable stamp sets for only $7.95? This is one of them.

The background is a piece of patterned paper from the Veranda paper packet. I LOVE this paper and am sad that it will be retiring. (Make sure you order some before the end of the month if you like it too.) I used my Labels One Nestabilities to die cut the fun shape in the middle and then stamped a sentiment from the new February Stamp of the Month called Friendship. This set will be available on February 1st! I used some Foam Tape to raise the border and give the card some dimension.

The bird was inked with Créme Brulee and then I rolled the edges in Garden Green before I stamped the little guy on Colonial White cardstock. I cut him out, sponged some Chocolate ink on the edges, and added a tiny black brad for his eye. The flower is made using a piece of Chocolate CTMH ribbon. To make it, I punched a circle out of Chocolate cardstock and used it as my base. I twisted and then rolled the ribbon around the circle using a hot glue gun as I went along. Then I used some Garden Green Grosgrain ribbon for the leaves.
I’d love to see what you create using an animal or bird. Once your project is finished, head on over to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog and post your creation. (You may even win a prize at the end of the month!)

All supplies used are from CTMH unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: A Tweet, Friendship (available February 1st)
Paper: Veranda
Cardstock: Colonial White, Chocolate
Inks: Cocoa, Garden Green, Créme Brulee, Chocolate
Other:
Chocolate and Garden Green Ribbon Rounds, 3-D Tape, Label One Nestabilities

10 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card! I love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like something that should be framed! Really, really lovely :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa!
    This is such a pretty card and my favorite is the little bird, he looks adorable. The ribbon leaves are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. The bird and the ribbon flowers go so well with the verse and I love that you framed the verse. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, this is beautiful! I love the ink treatment on the little bird, he looks 3D. I'm sad that this paper is retiring too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love that bird and the Veranda papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the nicest use of A Tweet I have seen! Thanks for sharing exactly how you achieved that look...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card & I love the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Lisa - the bird is fantastic with the color rolling. It is nice to see a sentiment as the focal point too -

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Amazing! Absolutely beautiful! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete