Sunday, March 27, 2011

H2H Sketch Challenge


This week on the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog is the ever popular sketch challenge. The best thing about this challenge is that you get to choose which sketch you would like to use. You can either choose to use the round sketch like I did or use the rectangular sketch.




I was excited to pull out a clear card for this one. (I haven’t used one in a while and I forgot how much fun they are!) Are you tired of seeing my pink projects lately? What can I say? I just love the color pink. *Ü* I used the backside of the floral paper from the Sweetheart Paper Packet along with some Hollyhock Cardstock. Cotton Candy Cardstock really matches this paper better, but since I used some Hollyhock Grosgrain Ribbon, I wanted the cardstock to match.

The stamped image is from CTMH’s darling Piece of Cake set. I stamped it with Cocoa Ink and then colored it in with some CTMH markers. It is hard to tell from the photo, but I used a Silver Glitter Gelly Roll pen to color in the center of all of the flowers. In the light, the flower centers sparkle quite a bit.

Be sure to check out the other Design Team Members take on this week's challenge:
Corina Mitchell

Debbie Carriere

Karen Day

Lorrinda Holman

Mary Vogel

Melinda Everitt

Jessica Moore


Now it’s your turn. Head on over to the H2H Challenge Blog and
link your creation based on one of the sketches. You can win great prizes and maybe even be chosen as a future Guest Design Team Member! Remember to use mostly CTMH products since it is a CTMH Challenge Blog. I can't wait to see what you create!

All supplies used at from Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Piece of Cake, Happy Birthday

Paper: Sweetheart, Hollyhock CS
Inks: Cocoa
Other: Clear Card, Hollyhock Grosgrain Ribbon, Hollyhock Brads (from discounted arrows pack),
Silver Gelly Roll Pen

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love how you colored the cake and "blinged" the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Perfect with the clear scalloped circle! I'm loving the pink phase you're in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pinkness! I like your ribbon detail in place of the strips - lovely card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    This is a darling card!!! I really like how you used the ribbon for the side tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, this is perfect. I love the clear card and you have just the right amount of embelishment with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, great job on this card - your cake looks good enough to eat :)

    ReplyDelete