Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Smile Cards

I made these fun Smile cards yesterday. I made the blue one for a sweet lady who allowed me to use her home to hold a workshop on Saturday. (Thanks Barb!) Would you believe that after I got there and set everything up, I realized that I forgot the project kits that I put together for everyone? Imagine my horror when I realized that I forgot the one thing that everyone needed to complete their projects. My husband was nice enough to meet me halfway with the kits. So, I got the gals started on some stamping and then ran out to meet my hubby. Another sweet friend of mine, Linda, helped the ladies with the stamping while I was gone. Without these two wonderful gals, the day would have been a disaster. It turned out great and everyone had a good time...even me!

Anyway, onto the cards... I used one of my favorite new CTMH sets called September Word Puzzle. The word puzzle sets are all great. but this one is one of my favs because it has so many fun friendship sayings and images. I stamped the word friend in Chocolate ink and then covered it with a Circle Window Charm. I used some twill from the new Chocolate Ribbon Rounds and a few Just Blooms paper flowers. I dyed the blue one in a mixture of Juniper re-inker and water.


All products CTMH unless otherwise noted:
Stamps
: September Word Puzzle
Cardstock
: White Daisy
Patterned Paper: Perfect Day Paper Pack (
1st card), More to Adore (2nd card)
Inks: Juniper & Chocolate (1st card), Blush & Chocolate (2nd card)
Other: Chocolate Ribbon Rounds, Just Blooms Big Pinks, Circle Window Charms

6 comments:

  1. Love these cards. I keep seeing things posted with that Smile stamp and I don't have it yet. I NEED IT! And good job on dying the flower with the juniper. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I just may have to order some of the new paper after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I have the September word puzzle on my wish list and now it is at the top. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I just love the sweet simplicity of these cards. Did you dye or sponge your juniper flowers? Gotta stamplift if ya don't mind! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards, Lisa! I love both of them I love the large "smile" and the Just Blooms. . .beautiful!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete