Saturday, September 9, 2017

Floral Birthday Card


One of my favorite stamp sets from the Annual Inspirations catalog is called Many Congratulations. I used the different flowers in the set to create a simple bouquet for my card. I started out by stamping the small tied ribbon image on my cardstock in Black Memento ink. (I like using Memento ink when I color the images with markers or watercolors because the ink doesn't bleed.) Then I stamped the same ribbon image again onto a Post-It note and cut it out so that I could use it as a mask. Once I cut it out, I placed it directly on top of the stamped image on my cardstock. This way when I stamped the separate flowers, the stems would look like they were behind the ribbon when I peeled off the mask. 


I stamped the sentiment using the Happy Birthday stamp. This stamp is actually curved a bit to coordinate with the banners that come with the Golden Moments Cut Above Card kit, but I straightened out the stamp on my block so that it would work better on the card. Gotta love the versatility of CTMH's My Acrylix stamps! I colored in the flowers with some ShinHan alcohol markers and then added a bit of sparkle to them with the Clear Shimmer Brush. It's a little hard to see in the photo, but the flowers really have a beautiful shimmer to them.

I can see myself using this stamp set quite a bit. I may even stamp a bunch of these same cards and leave the sentiment off. That way all I need to do is add a sentiment when I need to send a quick last minute card. *Ü*

2 comments: