Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sweet Treats "Artiste" Cupcake Box


I made this little box of “sweet treats” using everything but actual sugar. LOL! I started out making the box by using Close to my Heart’s new Artiste Cricut Collection. I cut the cupcake box shape shown on page 69 of the Artiste booklet at 3". (The base was cut out of Chocolate cardstock and the top was cut from a piece of patterned paper from the Clementine Collection.) Then I trimmed off 1" from each side of the box base before assembling. I cut the Chocolate frame around the opening on the top by cutting the frame at 2-1/4" and again at 2-3/4" and selecting the “center cut” option both times. I added a piece of acetate on the inside of the lid with some Glue Dots.


The tag was made with one of the stamp sets that comes with the Artiste Collection. I adhered it to the acetate with a Glue Dot and then added a self adhesive fabric flower from the adorable Cottage Assortment. I added some Sweet Leaf cardstock leaves cut with the Artiste cartridge under the flower. (To cut the leaves, select the leaf image on page 32 of the booklet and cut at 3/4".)


The goodies on the inside are all unfortunately not editable. (But the good news is that there are no calories. LOL!) The square boxes are cut at 1-1/2" as shown on page 45 of the booklet. The Colonial White box is wrapped with some Baker’s Twine and the Chocolate box has another Cottage Assortment fabric flower on top. I set them both inside of some paper candy wrappers.

The cupcake wrappers are cut at 1-1/4" and are found on page 63 of the Artiste booklet. To make the cupcakes inside, I wrapped the top half of (2) 1-1/4" styrofoam balls with some Baker’s Twine. I adhered the twine with Liquid Glass, but you could also use Aleen’s Tacky Glue. To top off the cupcakes, I cut more of the same leaves that were used on the top of the box cut at 1/2" and slipped a big brad through the hole and stuck it into the top of the styrofoam ball. I added some Red Glitz Glitter Gel mixed with Liquid Glass on top. I tried it first without the Liquid Glass and it popped off once it dried, so make sure you mix it with some Liquid Glass so that it sticks to the brad.


Slip some candy or another fun surprise into the mini boxes and you have a fun way to wrap a little birthday treat. Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. So much fun!!! Great idea, Lisa! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how stinkin' cute is that! What a wonderful project and sweets that can last the entire year without molding or helping me gain weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Isn't great that they are fat free? LOL! *Ü*

      Delete
  3. This is the cutest idea! Love the little treats inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda, i am going to make some of these for my customers but I will make it so the twine is useable for them as part of the treat. The boxes will hold some more bling or such. You are awesome thanks so much for sharing your creativity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea Sherry! I hope they enjoy them. *Ü*

      Delete