Friday, February 15, 2019

Simply Beautiful Scrapbook Layout


When I am in a creative funk, I like to pull out my Close to my Heart “How-To” books to help inspire me. I wanted to create a simple scrapbook layout with some of the Feels Like Home papers that I had leftover from last month’s project kit. The How-To books have tons of great templates and patterns for cards and scrapbook layouts and are always a great resource to help jump start a project. (Especially if you are in a creative funk.) The Love of Color book has tons of color combination suggestions in addition to some great artwork inspiration.



I pulled out the Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 book first and decided to use pattern #11 on pages 26-27 for my layout. Then I pulled out the Love of Color How-To book and liked the color combo on page 81 because it was similar to the colors in the Feels Like Home papers that I was using. After looking at the patterns in both books more closely, I realized that the sample layout on page 81 of the Love of Color book actually used the sample layout pattern from the Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 book that I was going to use. It was the perfect combination to break through my creative block and get me started on this layout.   


I used the patterned paper scraps, some Charcoal, Mink, Sugar Plum, and White Daisy cardstock to create the layout and some of the images from the cut apart page in the Feels Like Home paper packet to embellish it. The title was created in Design Space by using a font called Amastery Script and cut from a piece of Charcoal cardstock. 


I also used the Budding Peony stamp set and Thin Cuts dies to create a few more embellishments. I colored in the flowers and leaves with the Watercolor Pencils, Clear Shimmer Brush, and Sugar Plum Shimmer Brush.


 I just need to add some journaling and I will be all done. CTMH How-To books to the rescue again!

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout featuring Hannah! She has grown into such a beautiful young lady and these papers are a perfect complement to these photos. Love the peony accents and all the little details. Just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a perfectly beautiful LO...your daughter is so darling ...thanks for the tip on the CTMH books...I do love the Book of Color and should keep it open on my crafting table. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete