Friday, November 16, 2018

Clean and Simple Watercolor Christmas Card


Today’s Christmas card was inspired by Kristina Werner from the Online Card Class that I am taking, which is appropriately called Clean and Simple Holiday. I cut down a piece of cold press watercolor paper to 4¼" x 11", scored it, and folded it in half. Then I used some washi tape to mask off the triangle shape in the center of the card front. I used my watercolor paints to make the graduated blue stroke marks. I made sure to not use too much water so that you could still see some of the brush marks. Once the paint dried, I carefully peeled off the washi tape mask. You could get a similar effect with a waterbrush and ink from the lid of a CTMH water-based ink pad. (Just squeeze the ink pad together before you open it to get some ink on the inside of the lid.)

The sentiment is from the Christmas Blessings stamp set. I spaced out the words so that I could add a Bitty Sparkle between them. Then I finished it off by adding a few Clear Sparkles and Bitty Sparkles to the tree. The card is definitely simple but the thickness and texture of the watercolor paper makes it feel somewhat elegant and “high end.”

No comments:

Post a Comment