Sunday, May 22, 2016

Happy Times Birthday Card

I am in love with the Happy Times stamp set. (I am sad that it is only available until the end of May. If you'd like to order the set, make sure you order it by May 31st.) I made this birthday card for my dear friend Christine Adams using the flowers from the set. The butterfly is from a retired stamp set called Your Beautiful Self.


I stamped the butterfly on the card in black ink and again on a piece of scrap cardstock. I colored in the butterfly on the scrap cardstock with alcohol markers and then cut it out. I attached it to the card by adding adhesive just to the butterfly's body and then bending up the wings so it looks like it is flying. I drew the trail with a journaling pen. I also cut a cloud mask from some cardstock and sponged some Glacier ink around it to create the light blue sky in the background. The sentiment is printed using a font called Brightest.


Click here to get your Happy Times stamp set before it retires on May 31st.
(Don’t forget to add the coordinating paper packet too.)

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card - the scene is so subtle but just gorgeous. I'm sure Christine will love this!

    ReplyDelete