Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Simply Inspired Blog Hop - Hostess Stamps


Welcome to this month’s Simply Inspired Blog Hop. If you arrived from Blythe Shupe’s blog, then you are on the right path. If you get lost along the way, you can find a list of all the hop participants here. This month we are highlighting the special Hostess Stamps that you can earn if you host a Home Gathering or Online Gathering. (Hostesses get a few extra perks like free goodies and special Hostess-Only stamp sets like this one!)


I chose one of my favorite sentiment stamps from the Seasonal Expressions mini catalog. (This catalog is only good through the end of March, so if you like this stamp set, be sure to contact me to see how you can get it before time runs out.) This set is called Variety of Thanks. I love the script font used to created these thankful sentiments. I chose to use the simple “thanks” sentiment on my card.


To make my card, I used the Vine Embossing Folder to emboss the flower stems and leaves. I inserted the cardstck into the embossing folder at the bottom, ran it through my machine, and then flipped the cardstock around and slipped it back into the embossing folder and ran it through my machine again. This gave me a flat, blank spot in the middle where I stamped my sentiment.  (It’s a little hard to see the embossing in the photos.)


I cut some small flowers from a piece of patterned paper from the Lollydoodle Collection. I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and cut the flowers on page 50 of the booklet at ¾" and ½". I inked the edges with Chocolate ink and adhered them with some Thin 3-D Foam Tape. I added a small Brown Sparkle in the center of each one. I matted the entire piece to some Juniper cardstock and then adhered it to a White Card Base.

Thanks for stopping by. Now hop on over to the incredibly creative Pamela O’Conner’s blog to see her fabulous project.

10 comments:

  1. Clean and elegant...I will copy!! So you! So Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this card! It is indeed very elegant!. I will also be copying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotta try that embossing trick! You lways leave us inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this clean simple card design. The embossing is elegant and the little splash of color so nice. Great stamp set, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, clean, FABULOUS!! Love the embossing technique, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, this is so beautiful. I love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete