Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Simply Inspired Blog Hop - Seasonal Expressions


Welcome to this month’s Simply Inspired Blog Hop. This month we are featuring projects using new products from the very first Seasonal Expressions mini catalog. If you arrived here from the fabulous Blythe Shupe’s blog, you are on the right path. If you get lost along the way, feel free to click here for a list of all of the blog hop participants. 


I know this card is VERY simple, but every time I tried to add something fun to it, it ended up taking something away from it. Sometimes clean and simple is just the best way to go.

I used the beautiful paper from the new Heartstrings Collection for the background of the card. Then I cut the “LOVE” shape from page 35 of the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge booklet. I adhered it to the card base with some Foam Tape which gave this simple card the perfect amount of dimension. (A little tip when needing thin strips of Foam Tape is to use CTMH’s Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors. It makes cutting the tape SUPER easy with no sticky residue left on the scissors.)


The sentiment and flowers came from my new all-time favorite stamp set called Happy to Be Friends. I love the fonts and sentiment combinations that you can make with this set! I stamped the flowers on a piece of scrap cardstock and cut them out. After adhering them to the card, I added a couple of Clear Sparkles to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by. Now hop on over the the always amazing Bren Yule’s blog to see her wonderful creations.

31 comments:

  1. This card is classically, beautifully, perfectly Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Beautiful! Classy and sweet! Just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, your "simple" is always amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty and definitely filled with love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooooooooooo glad I just saw this..
    *and got that Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge... yay me.. *
    I make cards for the Seniors at the Meals~on~Wheels that I work for..
    And this will be there Valentines one I am believin'..
    LOVE IT!!!
    L.r. Smith from fb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely STUNNING and GORGEOUS!!! No wonder every time you added something it didn't work...this is PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Lisa, in fact it's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is stunning- so striking and effective!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I do love the simplicity of it but it is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE how you used one of my favorite new stamp sets!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete