Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Gifts for the Neighbors


Every year I make a little something for our neighbors to let them know how much we appreciate them. This year I opted to not make something from scratch in the kitchen (if you know me, you know about my lack of culinary skills) so I gave all of our neighbors a box of yummy peppermint bark from Costco. I did spend some time to make the gift look pretty though, so I guess I can say that I did “make” part of the gift. It’s all about the packaging, right? LOL.


I used Close to my Hearts fantastic cupcake boxes to wrap the gifts. I filled a cellophane bag with the Peppermint Bark and tied the top with some Cranberry Striped Twill Ribbon. I slipped the bag into the box and then decorated it. I created a fun poinsettia flower for the outside of the box by cutting a flower shape from the Artiste Cricut cartridge at 1.25", 1.5", and 2" from a piece of Cranberry cardstock. I inked the edges with Cranberry ink and rolled the petals in a bit using my fingernail. Then I adhered them on top of each other with a small piece of 3-D Foam Tape. I scored, cut, and inked some Olive cardstock in the shape of holly leaves as well. I added a large Clear Sparkle to the center of each flower and adhered them to the boxes with a little note printed on White Daisy cardstock that I hand cut into a banner shape.

Here is the Design Space file if you’d like to make the flowers. (The file can only be used it you have the Explore machine and the Artiste Cricut cartridge.) I hope you were able to make some fun neighbor gifts this year too.

Happy Christmas Eve! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, these boxes are precious! and I just love the idea of giving neighbors a sweet treat. {even if you didn't cook it} but you did make the packaging - and yeah, that should count for something!

    ReplyDelete