Friday, October 18, 2013

Pop-Up Christmas Card - Holidays from the Heart Blog Hop


Are you as excited about Close to my Heart’s Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide as I am? I am thrilled to participate in another Blog Hop highlighting products from the Guide. I am loving all of these great new products, patterns, and stamps. Today I have a fun card to share with you using some of the new Washi Tape. I fell in love with this card and knew the minute I saw it that I wanted to recreate it using some of the products from the Gift Guide. Isn’t the pop-up gift inside cute?


Instead of using patterned paper on this card, I decided to us the new Sparkle and Shine Washi Tape. I thought it would be fun to use the little Santa from the Santa Claus stamp set and have him sitting on the edge of the pop-up present. I did a little paper piecing with Santa to get the different colors. I also used some Red and Silver Shimmer Trim and a little Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon.


The outside of the card is pretty simple. I wanted to incorporate more of the Washi Tape, so I adhered them at an angle on a separate piece of cardstock. I added a zip strip from one of the patterned papers also. After matting the final piece to a piece of Slate cardstock and popped it up with some 3-D Foam Tape. The “Merry Christmas” sentiment is also from the Santa Claus set. (I love that it coordinates with the bracket shape on the new Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.)

 

Did you know that when you place an order for $100 or more anytime from now - December 31, 2013, you will qualify for one free “star” item from the Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide?


Click here to shop now.

Would you like to see more projects from the Holiday Gift Guide? Check out the fun artwork from other fabulous Close to My Heart Consultants below.

Click on any of the images below to visit the participating hoppers for more inspiration. Check back each day until Sunday, Oct. 20th, as our hoppers continue to add new artwork.


This blog hop is open for members of the CTMH Blog Boosters. Please do not enter if you are not a member of the group. If you are a CTMH consultant and would like to join our group, look for us on facebook. If you’d like to become a Close to My Heart consultant, feel free to visit my New Consultant FAQ page here or  contact me!

15 comments:

  1. This is super fabulous, totally love it, and the shimmer trim and ribbon totally add the realistic feature to the presents. The Santa is super cute, great job. Love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous.....Beautiful......Crazy good......those are my descriptive words for your card today, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! This is the cutest card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card Lisa! :) Thanks for sharing the link for the card design - into my files that went :) LOVE the use of washi tape too!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cool uses for Washi tape! I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these cards!! Great use of washi tape to create a pattern & the pop-out card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete