Saturday, September 14, 2013

Frosted Layout


I recently found some old photos of the first time we took the kids to the snow. (Living in Southern California, we don’t get to see snow much.) The kids had so much fun that I wanted to create a layout for them so they could remember the great time we had. I was excited to be able to use Close to my Heart’s fun new Frosted Collection. The layout pattern is from page 26-27 of the Make It From Your Heart Book Volume 2 (pattern #11.)



I used the Frosted Paper Packet and My Stickease along with the self adhesive, Small Sparkles Clear Flourishes.


The snowflakes were cut using CTMH’s Artbooking Cricut cartridge. After cutting them from some Colonial White cardstock, I inked the edges with some Whisper ink and then covered the snowflakes with Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel. I LOVE this stuff. I really like using glitter on my projects, but the Glitz Glitter Gel is much less messy and easier to use, and it comes in lots of great colors! Who could ask for more than that! LOL!


The journaling box was created by cutting a shape from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge and then stamping on top of it with one of the stamps that come with the Artbooking Collection. I masked out the lines so that I could use printed journaling and it worked out perfectly.

To create the snow, I tore some Colonial White cardstock strips and sponged a little Whisper ink on the torn edges. Then I added some Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel. I layered two pieces together with some 3-D Foam Tape in the middle.


I sprinkled Baby Powder on the back of some of the Frosted My Stickease to remove the adhesive. Then I added some 3-D Foam Tape to give the cute images a little dimension.


All supplies used are from Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Sweet & Lovely (Artbooking Collection), All the Details, Frosted Cardmaking WOTG
Ink: Whisper, Champagne, Desert Sand
Paper: Frosted Paper Packet, Colonial White Cardstock, Kraft Cardstock
Other: Artbooking Cricut Collection, Sparkles Clear Flourishes - Small, Frosted My Stickease, Sponge Dauber, Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel, 3-D Foam Tape

15 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is STUNNING! Your layout is such a great use of the Frosted papers. I also love all of the little tricks you added to the layout and shared with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous with your black and white photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn. I love changing photos to sepia or black and white. It helps them go with any colors/papers. *Ü*

      Delete
  3. This is a gorgeous layout Lisa! I love that you printed the photo's in black and white to blend with the papers. The glittered snowflakes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Lisa! You ought to be hired full-time for the CTMH art department! This layout should be in the catalog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Risa! You are so sweet! (I'm not sure the Corporate Art Department would want me on staff. LOL!) *Ü*

      Delete