Friday, May 24, 2013

Dream Pop "Thanks" Card


I am loving the fun bright colors of the Dream Pop May promotional Paper Packet. Normally I tend to lean towards subtle colors and simple patterns, but the colors and patterns of this Collection just make me happy! (And let me tell you. There is A LOT of happiness in this paper packet!)

I created this card with a Z fold design like the one I used to create the cards in this kit. They are super easy to make. Start with a 4-1/4" x 12" piece of cardstock and score it at 3-1/4" and 6-1/2". Then fold it into a “Z.” Trim a piece of patterned paper to 3"x 4" and adhere it to the front panel with a 1/8" border on all sides. Then cut another piece of patterned paper to 5-1/4" x 4" and adhere it to the inside panel of the card with a 1/8" border on all sides.

Trim a piece of White Daisy cardstock to whatever size you like to fit your sentiment and then double mat it. (I used the Thanks stamp and cut my piece to 3-1/8" x 2-3/4.") Add another piece of matted White Daisy cardstock to the inside. (Your cardstock sizes will depend on what size your sentiment is.)


I also added a couple pieces of folded Slate Polka Dot Washi Tape to the left side of the sentiment piece and trimmed the ends into a banner shape. I added a couple of Opaques Licorice Adhesive Gems on top.  I added the entire stamped piece to the front of the card with some 3-D Foam Tape making sure to just add the tape to the left side so that the card could open and close easily.


Don’t you just love the paper’s fun bright colors and patterns? You only have one more week to get this great paper packet for just $10 with a $35 minimum order. You can also get the super cute Stamp of the Month for just $5 with a $50 order.

2 comments:

  1. Love these! I had so much fun making some Z-fold cards this morning! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card - the fold is great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete