Monday, November 5, 2012

Artiste Anniversary Card


Yesterday my hubby and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. (I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband!) I am currently taking another class from the gals at onlinecardclass.com focused around holiday cards. My anniversary card is inspired by a wonderful card that Jennifer McGuire shared in the class last week. She showed how to make a “floating” image in the middle of your card. I thought it would be a perfect technique to use on one of the card shapes from the Artiste Cricut cartridge.


I cut my card base using the Artiste cartridge by selecting and the 2nd key on the bottom row (on page 72 of the booklet) at 4-1/2". Before I adhered a piece of Kraft cardstock to the front, I added a small piece of acetate and a little bit of patterned paper from the Stella Collection. This allowed me to adhere the small red heart in the center with some small Glue Dots so that it looked like it was floating. The pattern on the Kraft CS is from the Universal Backgrounds set. The sentiments are from two retired CTMH sets called Fringed Phrases and Soul Mates.


The fun thing about the card is that it has a tiny hidden surprise inside. I added a small picture of my hubby and me kissing on our wedding day. When the card is closed, the red heart covers up the photo.


10 comments:

  1. Great card Lisa! You are so talented, love seeing your artwork! And Happy 12 yr Anniversary! My hubby and I just had our 13 yr last month. It just keeps getting better as the years go by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just GORGEOUS!Happy 12th Anniversary! I agree with Pam, "It just keeps getting better as the years go by!" My 18th anniversary is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I love that it keeps getting better and better. Don't you? Happy early anniversary to you too! *Ü*

      Delete
  3. Just perfect!!! Happy anniversary Lisa - So happy for you both!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, Lisa!
    What a beautiful card as a remembrance :)

    ReplyDelete