Thursday, October 25, 2012

Want to make a difference in a child's life?

For the past 12 years we have been involved with a wonderful organization called Compassion International. They are a Christian child development organization dedicated to releasing children from poverty. Their ministry is twofold: They work through local churches to provide child development programs to deliver children from economic, physical, social and spiritual poverty, enabling them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults. And they speak out for children in poverty – informing, motivating and equipping others to become advocates for children.

We have sponsored two children over the years. We are currently sponsoring Felipe who lives in the Dominican Republic with his grandparents. He is almost the same age as my son which makes it fun when we send letters because they like to do some of the same things. Because of the Compassion International program, Felipe is able to go to school, get health check ups, hear God's Word, and have hope for a bright future.

Meet Felipe...


I encourage you to take a look at their website and if you feel lead, consider sponsoring a child. There are so many in need and it just breaks my heart every time I look at all of the sweet photos of children who do not yet have a sponsor.

Here is a great video of some of the children thanking their sponsors.


OK, now back to your regularly scheduled programming. *Ü*

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I sponsor a little girl, Ruth, through Compassion International. She is also from the Dominican Republic! We have three boys at home, so Ruth is my "daughter" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome Nicole! I wonder if our kids are near each other. What a blessing! *Ü*

      Delete
  2. He is so cute!! My husband and I sponsor two adorable children through World Vision. Carilus lives in Kenya and Esnart lives in Zambia. I love being a Sponsor Mom! I'm like a kid on Christmas when I open the mailbox and see they've written us a letter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful Heather when the letters and photos arrive? I love getting drawings from Felipe and having my kids send him their drawings. *Ü*

      Delete