Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Just Because" Floral Card


One of my favorite new Close to my Heart stamp sets is called Jardin. I have used it on a few projects already, including the display tray here and the layout here.  For this card, I used the floral stamp with the script background.


I stamped the image in Desert Sand ink twice. Once for the actual card and once on some scrap cardstock. I colored the latter with CTMH’s Blush alcohol markers and then cut out the flowers. I adhered them to the card with some tiny pieces of 3-D Foam Tape. Then I colored in the leaves with Sweet Leaf alcohol markers
 
 

The sentiment is from the Avonlea Workshop on the Go Card Kit. I also lightly stamped some Bamboo cardstock with the script image from the same set. (It coordinates with the script background from the Jardin set pretty well.)


I added a strip of patterned paper from the La Belle Vie paper packet on the left side of the card. After inking the edges, I added the inside and outside panels, making sure to overlap them so that when the card is closed, you wouldn’t see the panel on the inside. I finished off the inside by stamping the little bee in the corner. The bee is also from the Jardin set.

I have a few more project ideas for the Jardin set, so stay tuned...

14 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is so pretty! I like the card shape . . . And can imagine all sorts of great out-takes. The way you created dimension with the flowers is wonderful! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharli. I am so glad you like it. *Ü*

      Delete
    2. I love it, in fact, it inspired my technique class for the upcoming Open Stamping. I've linked back to your post as the inspiration for my project. Thanks again, Lisa - I learn so much from you!

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful card, Lisa! I love that little bee. Also, I received my prize in the mail...thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. Glad you got your goodies. Enjoy! *Ü*

      Delete
  3. Pretty and elegant! beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gracious, this is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete