Saturday, November 12, 2011

Topiary Repost using Cherish the Day Stamp Set


This is a topiary that I created and posted this past summer. It was one of the projects I made for the class I taught at the Close to my Heart Convention. I wanted to share it again because I have had a few requests to see more 3-D flower projects plus, it uses a little hidden treasure from the November Stamp of the Month, Cherish the Day. (Did you notice the “Cherish the Day” sentiment in the stamp set?)

I used one of the awesome 3-D flower images on the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. (I will NEVER get tired of this cartridge!) I cut a bunch of flowers out at 3-1/2" and some at 4-1/2". Some of them were cut from Honey cardstock and some were cut from White Daisy cardstock. I inked the White Daisy flowers with Honey ink on the edges with a sponge dauber before I rolled them. Then I rolled each one starting from the outside going in and held them together them with some Aleen's Tacky Glue. Each flower was attached to a styrofoam ball with a pearl tipped pin.


I wrapped a wooden dowel with some floral tape and added it to the bottom of the ball. I put some more styrofoam in the bottom of the metal white container and stuck the wrapped dowel inside. A little Colonial White and Honey ribbon was added to the base of the ball to dress it up a bit.


CTMH has lots of fun new Mini-Medley Assortment packs. I used the metal plate in the Honey Mini-Medley Collection on the container. It was soft enough to bend so that it would fit nicely around the curve of the container. I stamped a sentiment from the November Stamp of the Month, Cherish the Day, and attached it behind the metal plate. Then I attached the plate with some Velcro so that the sentiment could be changed for different occasions.


If you’d like to see exactly how to make the 3-D flowers, check out the video I made here.










Did you enter my huge November giveaway for $100 in CTMH products of your choice yet? Click here to enter.




 

Also, don’t forget that you can get the limited edition Holiday Wishes stamp set that coordinates beautifully with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge for only $5 with a stamp order of $25 through November 30th!



1 comment: