Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Boxed Card Set - My Convention Team Gifts


I always make a fun gift for my Team who attend Convention each year. This year they each received a packet of mini cards and envelopes that I made using our new
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, new Dreamin’ paper packet, and two of the new stamp sets that come in the Art Philosophy bundle.


I also made another version of the gift box that was displayed on one of my Extravaganza art boards during my class. The one below uses the new Believe paper packet.

Here are directions using the new Art Philosophy cartridge which will be available to order on August 1st:

Stationery Box:

  1. Cut 4 boxes (box #1 on the overlay mat) at 7".
  2. Trim off the 4 curved petals on each box.
  3. Adhere the flaps of the boxes together.
  4. Adhere all 4 boxes together so that you have one large square with 4 compartments.
  5. Cut 1/2" strip of B&T and wrap around edges.
Cards:
  1. Cut 4 scallop square cards from Honey cardstock and 4 bracket shaped cards at 2-3/4" from Crystal Blue cardstock.
  2. Cut 4 scallop square borders from Crystal Blue cardstock and 4 bracket borders from Goldrush cardstock at 2-1/4".
  3. Cut 4 White Daisy scallop squares and 4 White Daisy bracket shapes at 2". These will be used to stamp your images.
  4. Stamp images in Cocoa ink from stamp sets that come in the Art Philosophy bundle.
  5. Adhere all layers together for each card.
Envelopes:
  1. Cut 8 Colonial White square envelopes at 3-1/2".
  2. Fold envelopes and adhere together.
  3. Stamp patterns in Crystal Blue and Honey ink on flaps.
Final Steps:
Place all cards and envelopes into the sectioned box and slide everything into a square clear box. Clear boxes can be purchased from clearenvelopes.com. You can either use a 6-1/8" x 5/8" x 6-1/16" box (fits perfectly) or you can use a 6-1/8" x 1" x 6-1/16" box if you'd like a little more room. You can add shredded paper, confetti, or something else to the back of the larger box to fill it up. Add a Cocoa Grosgrain ribbon bow around the middle of the box to finish it off.

6 comments:

  1. This box is look absolutely fantastic and collection of cards is lovely..
    Scratch Card Printing
    discount card printing
    Membership card printing

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL!!!! I'm gonna save this in my "case" file :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! Thank you for sharing the directions too. I'm making one of these for my on-time drawing for my catalog celebration on Saturday. {Shhh...Katy...don't tell!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful idea! Loving the Cricut Cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you,thank you, thank you!!!!! I have been looking for something like this for an idea I have for Christmas. Thank you for the inspriation.

    ReplyDelete