Sunday, April 25, 2010

Studio J Release! - Real Life. Real Scrapbooks. Real Time.

You’ve taken the photos—now keep the memories. With Studio J™ online design software, you can create designer scrapbook layouts in minutes, ready to be custom printed for your cherished album. Are you ready? The fun begins Tuesday, April 27th!

I know you have heard me talk about Studio J for the past few months and I am sure you can tell that I am really excited about it. Starting Tuesday morning, you will get a chance to check it out for yourself. I am sure you have a lot of questions, so I thought I would help to answer some of them. If you have questions that I haven't answered here, feel free to email me or post your questions and I will do my best to answer them for you. Here are a few FAQs along with some more of my Studio J layouts...
  1. What is Studio J™ Design Software? Studio J™ is free online scrapbooking design software brought to you by Close To My Heart. (Did I mention FREE?) Studio J helps you easily create custom-printed two-page layouts using our foundational scrapbook patterns, exclusive color palette, and themed designs all delivered in 12" × 12" custom prints ready for your albums. It’s a snap!
  2. Is Studio J easy to use? Studio J software is extremely intuitive and easy to use. The program walks you through five steps that include:
    1. uploading your photos
    2. choosing your desired themed kit
    3. selecting an exclusive layout pattern
    4. adding photos, embellishments, titles, and journaling
    5. purchasing custom-printed layouts ready for a cherished album
    It’s super simple and extremely fun to use!
  3. I love Close To My Heart products. Will Studio J use the same great papers, patterns, colors, and embellishments? Of course! If you love Close To My Heart’s scrapbooking philosophy, then you will love Studio J.
  4. Do I need to download any software to my computer to use Studio J? Not at all! You only need an Internet connection, and then you simply log in to my MyCTMH website and click on the Studio J link to get started. Feel free to design to your heart’s content—you are not required to buy anything or provide any personal information to get started!
  5. Can I save what I am working on and come back to it later? You bet! You can create a customer profile that allows you to save and return to a project in progress at a later time. Your active projects will be saved for up to 90 days, giving you plenty of time to work on them. You extend that timeline for your active projects by 90 days each time you make a purchase, and your purchased projects will remain archived for one full year after purchase.
  6. Do I need a printer that can print 12" × 12" pages to use Studio J? No. Your Studio J layouts are not available for you to print from a home computer. In fact, we take care of the printing for you. When you purchase your designed layouts, we print and ship them quickly and directly to you using only top quality printing technology and archival-quality papers.
  7. What is the price? You are not charged a thing until you order your custom prints. The price per printed two-page layout is $12.95. We also offer some fantastic rewards for larger orders. You can receive FREE Memory Protectors® to protect your layouts in your albums, and FREE shipping/handling based on the number of layout prints you purchase in a single order as follows:
    • For 5–9 layout purchases: You’ll receive a pack of 5 Memory Protectors FREE!
    • For 10–20 layout purchases: You’ll receive FREE shipping/handling PLUS a FREE pack of 5 Memory Protectors for every 5 layouts in your single order.
  8. When can I begin creating with Studio J? You will be able to start creating layouts with Studio J TOMORROW, Tuesday, April 27th!
Here are a few layouts that I created using Studio J and just a few of the fun things you can do with this software.

This is a layout that I created using the Studio J exclusive Halloween Kit. Yes, there are exclusive kits that you can only get by using Studio J! I created the layout for my son and then made a copy of it, changed a photo and the journaling and had a page for my daughter's album in minutes! I love that I can create a layout for both of my kids and make minor changes so quickly!
This layouts has 15 photos on it! I created one for my son's album and one for my daughter's as well. I was also able to add little captions to each of the photos! You can add journaling blocks anywhere on the layout. How great is that?
This is a layout that I created in minutes for my daughter. I didn't add much to it that wasn't already on the template other than some “Stickease.” Look at the buttons. Can you believe they are not real 3-D buttons? Guess what? With one click you can change the color of the buttons AND you can even change the color of the thread inside the buttons! AWESOME!

There are so many layout and kit choices that I was able to find a kit that worked perfectly with the colors in these photos. Just look at the ribbon and the ribbon slide. Don’t they look real? You can click on the ribbon and the slide and change the color with one click. I love it! The Stickease that I added even looks real. The built-in drop shadows are amazing. You can even add your own journaling to the Stickease!
Can you believe that you can even add the look of vellum like I did on my journaling block below? Wow! How about adding a little distressing to your cardstock? See the Honey colored cardstock below? I was able to use the sanding feature to distress it. LOVE IT!
I love this layout because of the shape of the photo wells. If I were to create this layout in Classic style, I would have to crop the photos by hand and it would take forever! With Studio J, I just had to drag and drop my photos into the photo wells and wa-la, they were cropped for me.
I was even able to add a line of journaling at an angle. (See the bible verse below.)
You can mat your photos and journaling blocks with your choice of colored cardstock. You can even adjust the width of your mat! Don’t the mats look great with the shadowing? No 3-D Foam Tape needed here! LOL!
The best thing about Studio J is that everything is in true CTMH style and looks so real that my Studio J layouts blend beautifully in my albums with my Classic layouts! You have to physically touch them to see which ones are Studio layouts and which ones are Classic layouts! LOL!

Are you excited to try it out? You only have to wait one more day...
Visit my website on Tuesday, April 27th to check out Studio J first hand.
Click here for more information on Studio J.

Supply list for all layouts:
Studio J Scrapbooking Software

2 comments:

  1. I love these layouts you created!
    I think Studio J is the best in digital scrapbooking! Thanks Lisa!
    Hugs,
    Maryellen W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Your layouts turned out SO good!!! I just read your blog about poor little Hannah falling at church. She is such a cutie pie and so glad to hear she is ok. I am just getting back to real life after unpacking and.... just found out I'm expecting... baby #3, WOOHOO!! Can't wait to see you next week at our club meeting and catch up. Dying to know the latest on your possible move. :)

    ReplyDelete