Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Last Minute Valentines

So I had these great plans to make some really fun Valentine's for my kids to take to school this week and of course it didn't happen. My daughter's preschool class is having their Valentine's party tomorrow so I resorted to redoing the mini 3x3 cards we made last year for my son's class. You can see them here.

My daughter helped me punch the hearts out and happily made an “H” to sign each card. (I know I really should have had her help me do more, but I was afraid they wouldn't get done in time. That is totally my fault for waiting until the last minute.)
We used the fun polka dotted paper from CTMH’s Christmas themed Jingle paper packet. We also stamped some Blush polka dots on the top of the cards with Papertrey's Polka Dot Basics stamp set. Then we stamped the punched out scallop hearts with Papertrey's Borders & Corners Heart set in Tulip ink. We finished them off with a “friend” stamp from CTMH’s Friendship Word Puzzle in blush ink. The inside sentiment is from the retired February Word Puzzle set. We added a little lollipop to the inside with a Glue Dot and were finished in record time.
Of course I had to add this little note on the back. The “Made Just for You” stamp came from CTMH’s Made with Love set. Now I am off to make something quickly for her teachers. (They may end up getting my old stand by, Hershey’s Nugget Tins.) After that, it is time to start all over with my son’s cards. I am sure glad I only have two kids. LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Lisa! Those are really cute! I have an entire room full of CTMH stuff (among other things, lol) and you know what I did? I stopped by the store on my way to work and purchased store bought valentines. *bows head in shame*

    My boys and I handmade bag toppers last year for Valentines and they just took so long with their "help" and it doesn't help that I'm a total procrastinator. So, no cute hand made stuff for their friends this year. There's always next time right? he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! They certainly don't look 'last minute'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they were a huge hit! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, I really like this colour combo.

    ReplyDelete