Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yummy Christmas Gifts

Hi All! Did you think I dropped off of the face of the Earth? I have been so preoccupied with Christmas preparations that I have neglected my poor blog and all of you my friends! I am so sorry.

I wanted to share the gifts that I gave to my neighbors this year. As most of you know, I am really not good in the kitchen and homemade (edible) goodies are not my forte. I actually tried it last year and attempted to make some peppermint brownies and what I thought was an easy Chex mix type thing. Indeed they were both easy to make, but they didn't turn out too well. As I delivered them to my poor neighbors, I felt I had to apologize for their gift. So sad. LOL!Anyhoo, this year I opted to share one of my FAVORITE treats with my neighbors. They are Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Candies I found at Costco. Oh, they are just so good I really need to get the rest of them out of the house before I eat them all!

As I was creating the project for my September Creative Club, I had the idea that I could fill up the tins with candy and give them as gifts. That is exactly what I did. The CD tins came from Specialty Bottle and, as I mentioned, the candy came from Costco. I decorated the outside of the tins with cards from the Around the Holidays Card Kit. The best thing was that my gift doubled as a card.

Just look at that heavenly row of yummy chocolate.
Here is a picture of the chocolate bags so you know what to look for on your next Costco run. (wink)
I was able to write a little message to each family inside the attached card.
I hope to post a couple more things before Christmas so be sure to check back soon. *Ü*

9 comments:

  1. They are fabulous Lisa! I will definitely be checking those out next time at Costco!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! Those circle cards are SO cute, yet they'd be so fast to put together in this busy time. Next year....
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved when you showed us how to make these at your Creative Club, those candies you put in yours were the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT use of that card kit! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift and so cleverly wrapped. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yum, lovr the idea!!! lucky neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smarty pants! They turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE those candies! We don't have a COSTCO out here, but I found some similar at WalMart last year. Yum! And the justification goes something like this - "well, both dark chocolate and poms are GOOD for you, so I'm eating these for my health!"
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete