Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother's Day Gift Box

Last month I taught a workshop where we made a card box and matching cards out of an Emporium Level 1 Kit. You can see the project here. I had one box left that I used to demo the project in class, but I hadn't decorated it yet so I thought it might be fun to use it as a Mother's Day gift for my mom from my kids. The basics of the box are the same, however I added a My Pages Talk Voice Recorder. I recorded my kids talking to my mom and every time I listen to it, it melts my heart. Hopefully my mom will enjoy it too.

I love the recorders because they can record up to 30 seconds, which is actually a pretty long time. They are acid free and fairly thin so you can use them in your scrapbooks. I covered mine with patterned paper from the Emporium Level 1 Kit and then sanded and inked the edges. I poked the holes with my embossing stylus. I plan to fill the box with my kid's drawings and a few other little treasures from the kiddos.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Lisa your Mom will be blown away when she gets this lovely gift. I think it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box is awesome! Great idea to use the voice recorder. A wonderful treasure for your mom! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a wonderful gift! Awesome use of the recorder.

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love this!!!! And so will your momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift. I love those Emporium papers. Your mom will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely wonderful idea! I have to get one of these now and try this...Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fabulous idea, I may have to do one - TFS! Your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete