Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Love You Tree Card

I saw this adorable card on Lauren Meader's blog and fell in love. (If you haven't visited Lauren's blog recently, be sure to check it out. She is amazingly talented and I am always inspired by her great artwork!!) Anyway, back to the card. I loved the cute tree that she created using a heart stamp so I tried to do the same with one of Close to my Heart's new sets called You're Adored. I rolled the heart in Sweet Leaf ink, stamped it off once and then rolled the edges in the ink again to get the two toned look. (I think that is how Lauren did hers too.) I used the branch from CTMH's Whooo Loves You set and stamped it in Chocolate ink. Then I used the tiny little heart in CTMH's new Cupcake Sprinkles set, which I know you will love when you see it tomorrow, and stamped them all over with Cranberry ink. I used the grass from the March Word Puzzle set and then topped them off with more hearts. Then I sponged a bit of Heavenly Blue ink around the background to make it look like sky. I finally used my Martha Stewart picket fence punch that I just had to have and never used. LOL! I scored it and folded it over twice and then added a thin strip of 3-D Foam Squares to give it some dimension. The "i love you" is from CTMH's Because I Love You set. I may give this card to my hubby for his b-day/Valentine's Day on February 14th.
Cardstock: White Daisy, Cranberry
Stamps:
You're Adored, Cupcake Sprinkles (tiny hearts), March Word Puzzle, Because I Love You, Whooo Loves You (tree trunk)
Inks:, Sweet Leaf, Chocolate, Cranberry, Heavenly Blue
Other: Fence Punch (Martha Stewart), 3-D Foam Squares, Foam Tool

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness....that is super cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used images from so many different stamp sets. This is beautiful Lisa. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Lisa. Great use of that punch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your work it is absolutly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete