Monday, February 18, 2008

What's a girl to do?

Sorry I don't have any art to post tonight. I have spent most of my free time this weekend balancing my books and prepping our taxes in between my coughing fits. (My son and I are both sick.) I was happy to find that I actually made a profit this year with my CTMH business. Woo-Hoo! Now I don't feel as guilty about all of the extra stamp and other crafty purchases I made this year.

However, I am continuing to take a loss on The Paper Loft, my other business. I have been debating for the last two years whether to shut it down. I worked really hard to build it up when I first started it in 2001, but it is just too much to try to keep up with two small kids, my hubby, and two home businesses right now. I do like having a business license and a tax ID # so that I can buy things wholesale. Oh, what is a girl to do? I may just try to cut as many costs as I can and keep it around one more year. I just don't know...

Well, off to bed. Maybe I will have some energy (and a few extra minutes) to create something tomorrow. Nighty-night.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are sick. That crud is sure flying around! Feel better.

    Sorry to hear your other business isn't doing so well. I haven't a clue as to what to say, other than go where your heart is. If you have the energy to continue for another year, do so. But if it's time to cut your losses and devote time to family and CTMH then by all means that's the way to go.

    Good luck with your decision. Told you I wasn't much help. I just hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jeanne follow your heart.(pray) It's hard sometimes letting things go. But the peace could come in doing so.
    Hope you get better soon. I'm sick too. Sore throat,crud

    ReplyDelete