Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Textured Cardstock Basket



I finally tried one of those fun cardstock baskets. It was a little tedious, but fun to make. Here is a link to the instructions. I used CTMH's Honey colored textured cardstock which I love because it is darker on the inside and lighter on the outside. I sanded the cardstock and then inked the larger strips with chocolate ink.

I used Papertry's Oval Borders & Corners and Out on a Limb stamp sets, however for the life of me, I could not stamp a clear image. I may need to season the stamp a bit more...

Stamps: Papertrey's Out on a Limb,Oval Boarders and Corners Cardstock: CTMH Textured Honey Inks: CTMH Chocolate, Honey Other: Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Pewter brads, Marvy Scallop Punch

5 comments:

  1. I know a few ladies on the board have tried this but it looks so hard! How much cardstock do you need for the basket alone??? I might have to try this. Great job! The color is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is "Totally Out Of The Box" I mean Basket. LOL
    Lisa that is Gorgeous!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa! I love love LOVE this! I feel a workshop coming on! Hey! Invite all the 'regulars' and call it a party! I want to make one or two or, well, you get the picture! Fabulous job! Using the Honey cardstock was a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing the link! Hope you and Ryan are feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! Your basket is beautiful. I love the color. I'm contemplating doing one more for Easter. I'll see. . . I hope you're feeling better. I've been under the weather, too. It slows one down! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your basket looks awesome! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete