Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Card Box

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday as promised. It was a crazy day. This is the card box that I mentioned in my last post. You can fit 5-6 standard sized cards and envelopes in it.

The first photo is of the back of the box with a card and envelope sliding into it. The next one is a photo of the front of the box. The two after that are photos of the backside of the box. Finally the last one is the template.

The original box design is from Close to my Heart, however I altered it a bit to fit the envelopes a little better.

Basically you start with an 11x11 sheet of cardstock (I used CTMH's Heavenly Blue) and score and cut as shown in the template. Then stamp and decorate before putting it together. Then fold it up with the little flaps inside at the bottom. I have used both my ATG tape and CTMH's Bonding Memories Glue to adhere the sides together while making these. They both work just fine, so go ahead and use whichever adhesive you prefer.

Once the box is glued together, punch two small circles from a different color cardstock (I used CTMH's Cocoa) and glue them on the back as shown. Then using a piercing tool, poke a small hole in the middle of each and then insert a mini brad. Spreading out the lower brad is a little tricky, but doable. Just stick your hand inside the box as best as you can and try to spread out the prongs. Then use some floss or fiber to wrap around the brads. I used CTMH's Colonial White Waxy Flax. Feel free to post any questions. I'm not sure I explained it very well.

Click on the template photo to make it larger.

Stamps: CTMH Simple Beauty (March Stamp of the month), Blooming Flourishes (Friends) Cardstock: CTMH Heavenly Blue, Cocoa, White Daisy Inks: CTMH Cocoa, Heavenly Blue Other: Circle Punch, CTMH Mini Pewter Brads, CTMH Colonial White Waxy Flax, CTMH Heavenly Blue & Crystal Blue Markers, CTMH Sparkles (center of flower)

No comments:

Post a Comment