Thursday, February 14, 2008

"Love" Layout

I did this couple years ago. I feel in love with the cover of the CTMH Spring 2006 catalog and decided to use it with a Fall theme. My favorite part of the layout is the photo. I attached it to heavy chipboard and then cut it with my paper trimmer and sanded around the edges. If I were to do it again, I would now use CTMH's sanding kit which would have made it a lot easier! I also scissor-distressed the edges of the Colonial White cardstock before adhering it to the Chocolate base.

I love the photo because it was sort of unplanned. A friend of mine was taking some family photos for us at a park and as we were walking to the next "location," I saw this really cool leaf dangling from a tree. It was spinning around and looked really pretty. I thought my son would get a kick out of it, so I pointed it out and while we were all looking at the leaf, my friend took this shot. It is one of my favorites.
Stamps: CTMH Love Tags, Believe Lowercase Cardstock: CTMH Chocolate, Barn Red, Colonial White, Autumn Terracotta Inks: CTMH Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta Other: Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Autumn Terracotta Accents, Vellum, Pewter Brads, Dimensional Elements Classic Alphabet & Bookplates

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is soooooo nice! Love the photo as well! I remember that cover and I, too, created a layout that was inspired by the cover. Although yours is much nicer than mine. I should go look for it!

    Excellent layout! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice is that!! I love it Lisa.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete