Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Everyday Blessings Card (with a little sewing)

I finally got a little time to play with my new Janome sewing machine. I am LOVING it! The ironic thing is that I just discovered Gina K's posts on her blog about how to use the darn thing. Click here to visit her blog, see her fun tutorials, and enter to win your own FREE Janome Sew Mini! Woo-Hoo! As you can tell from my card, I still need a little practice with getting my lines straight and getting the corners to look halfway decent. But for my first sewing project, I guess it's not too bad.

I got my Papertrey order yesterday and was excited to see what I could make with my fun new goodies. Can I just tell you that I am in love with their cardstock? It is very thick and so luxurious (if you can even say that about paper.) I used her new “Perfect Match” cardstock, ribbon, and ink, along with the new Everyday Blessings and Polka Dot Basics stamp sets. This is what I came up...
Check out the corner here. Yikes. How do I avoid this and make the corners look nicer???
Stamps: Papertrey's Everyday Blessings, Polka Dot Basics Cardstock: Papertrey Aqua Mist & Spring Moss, CTMH White Daisy Inks: Papertrey Aqua Mist & Spring Moss, CTMH Black Other: Janome Sew Mini Sewing Machine, Papertrey Spring Moss Grosgrain Ribbon, Vellum, 3-D Foam Squares, CTMH Watercolor Pencils, CTMH Grey Flannel Marker, Prisma Glitter (for the little dots on the cross)

5 comments:

  1. I love this. I don't know, however, if I'm happy to hear that Papertrey's paper is nice. I suspected it would be and with your recommendation, must "need" it. At least, it's only two colors a month. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is beautiful, Lisa! I will e-mail you regarding those corners. It's an easy fix. I got my Papertrey order too and I agree...that cardstock is yummy! And the price is GREAT! I, like Kathi, am glad that it's only two colors a month! Guess I need to get busy, making some cards! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa,

    I think you did a splendid job with your stiches! Your card is very pretty and the colors are lovely! Great job on your card!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. How did you make the cross? And what does (two colors a month mean).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I would like to try one of those sewing machines, I hear they are great! PaperTrey paper looked beautiful, I like their new colors! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete