Sunday, February 17, 2008

Embossed Frame card

Staying true to (my latest) form, here is another simple card. I used one of CTMH's beautiful metal Foundry Frames to emboss the chocolate cardstock. First I spritzed the cardstock with a little water on both sides. Then I laid it on top of the metal frame. I used my rubber brayer to roll over the cardstock pressing firmly so the raised image from the frame would emboss the cardstock. (I tried it without spritzing the cardstock with water first and it didn't work very well.) I wanted the cardstock to dry before I sanded it and was too impatient to wait, so I stuck it in the microwave for about 8 seconds and that did the trick. Then I sanded it lightly with a sanding block. It is a great way to get more mileage out of my Foundry Frames.

Stamps: CTMH Best of Times, Fair Blossoms (sentiment) Cardstock: CTMH Chocolate Inks: CTMH Chocolate, Crystal Blue, Honey, Sweet Leaf Other: Foundry Frames

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog from forwarding from my sisters blog. Your stationary site is great! I can't wait to get some stuff.
    Noticing that you put that first and foremost you were a Christan, you should check out my sister's blog. She recently battled cancer and it is such an inspiring read. Start and the end and read to now. You'll be inspired. She has great faith.
    Cute pages! I only dream of being so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing the tips on how to get a good embossed image. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. Turned out really nice. I had to giggle when you said you put it in the microwave to dry. Hey, whatever works right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,
    Thanks for your nice comment. I am assuming that Shelby is your sister from clicking on your link and visiting your blogs. I read through her story on one of your blogs. Very touching. Thank you for sharing it with me. I will hold her up in my prayers!

    Jeanne & Kari,
    Thanks to both of you for your continued sweet comments. You both inspire me so much and I just wish I had more time to post a comment every time I love one of your posts. Please know that even though I may not comment on your blogs very often, I think you both do such fabulous work! Thanks for the continued inspiration! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete