Monday, January 28, 2008

It shipped! It shipped!

I have been wanting to get an inexpensive sewing machine to sew on my cards and layouts for a long time. (I would actually love to learn how to “really” sew someday too, but I just can’t afford another hobby at the moment.) I had heard that Janome’s Sew Mini was great for sewing paper and cardstock, so I checked it out online. I found one on sale for only $34.99 at Hancock Fabrics, so I ordered it. I just got a shipping notice that it will be here Tuesday! Yippee!! Now all I need to do is figure out how to use it. Hee-hee. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for a true beginner, I'd love to hear them. Hopefully I will be able to post something made with it next week.

6 comments:

  1. Let us know how it sews on paper. I've been dying to buy a sewing machine. If it works good for you, I might go buy one from where you bought it from. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with it when it gets here! That is the sewing machine I use and I love it! So small and compact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a deal! Whoohoo! Great find!

    I have a sewing machine that was meant to be used to sew fabrics but I only use it for my cards. I've never sewn one piece of fabric on it but it sure sews cards very nicely!! LOL!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I'm adding your blog site to my blog roll on Card Inspired if you don't mind!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout. Love the card. And, I'm so jealous about the sewing machine!!! Actually, if it's on sale, you may have enabled me . . . I have a full-size machine, but it's cumbersome and doesn't fit in Kathi's Corner. Major work to set up, too. I need the little one, don't I? As I've said before, your blog is great. I look forward to visiting every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I linked to you from Kathi's corner and I have to tell you that I just ordered a Sew Mini for me. I looked at them when they weren't on sale and people told me that they went on sale often. I hadn't checked in a while ... maybe I had forgotten I *needed* one! :) Thank you for reminding (ahem, enabling) me!

    ReplyDelete