Monday, October 5, 2020

31 Days of Christmas Cards Day #3 - Comfort & Joy Slimline Card and Envelope Template

As part of the 31 Days of Christmas video collaboration with the Creative Design Team this month, we will be sharing a new Christmas card(s) everyday. I will be sharing my card designs on Saturdays this month, but be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s cards every other day.

I created this slimline card using the Comfort & Joy papers and Cricut Collection. Believe it or not, this is the very first slimline card that I have ever made. I was hesitant to try one because I didn’t have any envelopes for them. So I decided to create my own envelope template in Design Space so that I will always be able to make a quick coordinating envelope. Here is a link to the Design Space file if you'd like to make one too. (It also includes a liner, and a template for a 3½" x 8½" card base.) 


The background was created using the smooshing technique with Distress Oxide Ink. You can see how I created it in the video above. 


I stamped the sentiment using the Floral Alphabet stamp set. I initially thought of this set as more “springy” but then thought if I colored the flowers red, they may look a little like Christmas poinsettias. I used the Dark Red Tri-blend marker for the flowers and the Dull Green Tri-blend marker for the leaves.


Be sure to check out all of the Design Team Members Christmas card videos each day this month. Here is a link to the playlist on my YouTube channel. (By the end of the month all 31 videos will be listed here.)



♥︎ SUBSCRIBE TO THE CREATIVE DESIGN TEAM ♥︎

No comments:

Post a Comment