Monday, October 20, 2014

Artfully Sent Birthday Cards



One of my favorite things about making my own cards is that I can design one card and then choose different colors, patterns, and papers to make a “boy” version and a “girl” version. These cards were inspired by the design I used on this card.

I brought the Birthday Girl card from page 25 of the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge booklet into Design Space and deleted the word “Girl” by selecting Contour and then deselecting the letters G-I-R-L. I reduced the size of the card to 5" x 3¾" to fit on a standard A2 card base.

The word Wishes, from the Lovely Birthday stamp set, was stamped underneath in Thistle ink on the girl card and Lagoon ink on the boy version. I stamped the cake on the left side from the Build-a-Cake stamp set. The cake plate was too wide, so I stamped in on a piece of scrap cardstock and then cut it out leaving off the two outside scallops. Then I adhered it to the card under the cake.

I adhered a piece of patterned paper from the Confetti Wishes Collection to the card base on the girl card and a piece from the Chalk It Up Collection to the card base of the boy card. Then I added a small piece of Glitter Paper to line up under the cutout of the word Birthday. I adhered the top panel to the card base with some 3-D Foam Tape.



I love having pre-made birthday cards ready when I need them. Stay tuned for more birthday card fun from the Artfully Sent Collection...

2 comments:

  1. I love these two cards- great idea to show masculine and feminine options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. I have a few more masculine/feminine cards to share soon. *Ü*

      Delete