Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sweet as Honey Card


The Buzz and Bumble Collection is filled with such fun designs and images. I created this little pocket card using the Buzz and Bumble papers, the Honeycomb stamp set, and the stamp set that comes in the Buzz and Bumble Workshop on the Go kit. (I love the little bee in the WOTG stamp.)

I started with a 6" x 7" piece of Créme Brulee cardstock. After stamping once side with the barbed wire image from the Distressed Background stamp set, I scored and folded the 7" side at 2-1/2". I added adhesive to the edges and then folded it up to create the pocket. A piece of 2-1/2" x 6" brown patterned paper was added to cover the front of the pocket. I used a corner rounder to round the edges.

The inside card is a matted piece of 4" x 5-1/2" Colonial White Cardstock. After stamping the honeycomb on the bottom and the bee, trail, and sentiment at the top, I colored in the bee with some Créme Brulee markers. Then I added some Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel to his wings.


To finish off the card I dyed a piece of Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon with some Cocoa Re-inker and tied it around the card base. I cut a small strip of brown stripes from another of the Buzz and Bumble patterned papers and adhered it to the top of the ribbon, wrapping it around the card. I tied another bow around it with a piece of Hemp Baker's Twine from the Mini Medley Accents - Wooden Collection. The sentiment on the tiny tag is from the Keepsake Alphabet stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment