Monday, February 13, 2012

Lucy Scallop Layout


I have another Lucy project to share with you today.  I was excited to use a lot of Close to my Heart’s new products on this layout. I started out with the papers from the new Lucy Collection. Using my all time favorite Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, I cut the cardstock base using the scallop square shape and cut some smaller scallop squares for the photo mats on the right page. After adding some Lucy patterned paper to the base, I added the zip strip that comes on the top of one of the patterned papers. (Did you know that each piece of CTMH patterned paper has a cute designer strip across the top? On the back of the strip, it lists all of the colors used in the Collection. So handy! Just cut it off and you have another coordinating element to use on your project! Don’t you love when something is both functional and cute?)

I also used some of our new Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon. I am officially IN LOVE with this new ribbon. You can die it in ANY color you want. I used a bit of Blush re-inker and mixed it with some water and was thrilled that the ribbon took the color so quickly and so well. You can also color it with a sponge and an ink pad, an ink mixture in a spray pen, or even with markers! After adding the ribbon and zip strip, I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine.

Click to the photos to enlarge.

I also used the new Lucy Glitter Rub-Ons to make the floral clusters. This is another product that I have fallen in love with! They are so easy to work it and so pretty.


The title was made using the new Keepsake Felt Alphabet. If you like alphabet stickers, these will blow you away! They are self-adhesive felt and are really cool.


I also added some Sparkle Flourishes, an Irresistable Persnickety Journaling Spot(Love the name of that product), and a couple of little flowers from the Bitty Buds Assortment.


And then, of course, I had to add a few pictures of my adorable daughter to finish off the layout. LOL!

If you’d like to purchase any of the products I used on this layout, feel free to visit my website here.

Also, don’t forget to enter my giveaway for 



4 comments:

  1. Wow! You really rocked this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet! I love all the details- plus that sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lisa. Over-the-top amazing, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pefection! I think you and I both have our hands full of "Lucy" right now. That is the kit I am using to do my display board rewards for my team members for a recent challenge. We should have put our heads together. I just love your artwork!

    ReplyDelete