Sunday, February 19, 2012

Custom Family Card


Did you know that you can order customized stamp sets from Close to my Heart? When I saw the Family Love set, I knew it was one that I must have. (There are so many great stamps in the set.) Then it dawned on me that I could order a customized stamp for only $5.95 that said, “The Stenz” and I could combine it with the word “Family” in the Family Love set. We are constantly being blessed by others, and I always like to send a thank you card from the family to those who bless us. So I plan to make a bunch of these cards to have on hand for those quick thank yous.

I also used some of Close to my Heart’s Kraft cardstock, another must-have stamp set called Card Word Puzzle, and a little Cocoa Grosgrain ribbon. I stamped the flowers from the Card Word Puzzle set in White Daisy pigment ink. (I love how our White Daisy ink stamps on the Kraft cardstock.) After masking the words “we start and end with” from the Family set, I stamped the word “family” in Cocoa ink. I added “The Stenz” with some Cocoa ink and was done in less than 5 minutes.

I hope this gives you some ideas for making quick and easy Family Thank You cards.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the idea of a personalized family name stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to personalize the "family" stamp and such a beautiful card. Two of my favorite stamps this season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another 'simply beautiful' Lisa creation. I love the idea of the personalized stamp. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and wonderful card! I love the white flowers on the craft cardstock! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also live the white flowers on Kraft cardstock. Personalizing your card is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa, cool blog. Beautiful cards indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog, beautiful custom family card.

    ReplyDelete