Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chinese Take Out Box and Fortune Cookies

This is another project I made for my Extravaganza class at the CTMH Convention last month. It is a very simple project, but was lots of fun! The new Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge has 8 different box shapes on it and I used the Chinese take out box for this, well...Chinese take out box. LOL! Remember the little chocolates I posted last week here? Well, this is the exact same box shape, just cut at a larger size. It was cut using the “fit to page” option on a 12" x 12" mat.


I used the new Elemental paper collection for this box and for some of the fortune “cookies.” I LOVE that our B&T papers are now cardstock weight and can be used for projects like this! The cookies are actually just circles I cut using the AP Cartridge and then folded and glued together. You can see how to make them here. (Tip: I tried every type of adhesive for them including Glue Dots and a hot glue gun and the only thing that worked was my trusty ol' Aleene's Tacky Glue.)

My cookies have fun prizes inside that my Hostesses and Home Gathering guests can win if they attend a party and place an order.


This one was made using Colonial White cardstock instead of patterned paper. I think it actually looks like a real fortune cookie in real life.


If you’d like to get your hands on your own Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge Bundle and the Elemental paper collection, click here to place your order.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, I LOVE this project! What an adorable way to give out prizes to your hostesses! :)
    ~doreen at
    http://whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for also including the size to cut the box. I am seeing so many darling Cricut projects with the new Art Philosophy cartridge and am never sure what size to cut things to get the box the size of the one in the project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creations are fab! TFS

    Shalana http://scrappinwithshalana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love your food creations, they always look so real.

    ReplyDelete