Monday, February 1, 2010

My new toy, a flower card, and Haiti relief

How’s that for a random title? I have a lot to cram into one post today...
Guess what I just got! Yes, I finally caved and got myself a Cricut Expression. It is sooooo much fun, although I feel like there is A LOT to learn. (If anyone has any advice, suggestions, or great Cricut websites, I'd love to hear about them.)
The flower card above is the first project that I made with my new toy. The Wild Card cartridge was one of the first ones I ordered. I can see myself using it quite a bit. I used CTMH’s awesome textured cardstock to make the card. (See the end of my post to find out how you can get a FREE combo pack of textured cardstock while helping the Haiti relief effort.) I used some textured White Daisy cardstock along with the backside of some Sunflower textured cardstock. CTMH’s textured cardstock is darker on one side and lighter on the other. It’s like having double the colors in one pack! I added a Sunny Yellow button with some Embroidery Floss to the center of the large daisy. Then I stamped the sentiment using Papertrey’s Mega Mixed Messages set in Cocoa ink. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy as the talented Karen Pedersen would say. *Ü*
This is the inside of the open card.
I sanded the edge of the Sunflower cardstock.
The texture shows really nicely when it is sanded.
OK, so do you want to know how to get a combo pack of CTMH’s textured cardstock for free? Throughout the month of February, purchase a 12" x 12" textured cardstock combo pack and you’ll get one FREE—and with every pack purchased, Close To My Heart will donate $2 to Operation Smile’s Haiti relief efforts. That means for only $14.95, you get two packs of our high-quality textured cardstock and you help this urgent, important cause! To learn more about their efforts visit www.operationsmile.org/haiti.

All supplies are from CTMH unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock
Textured Basic and Autumn Harvest Packs
Stamps
Mega Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Ink Pads
Cocoa

Other
Summer Craft Buttons, Embroidery Floss, Sanding Kit
, Cricut Machine and Wild Card Cartridge

9 comments:

  1. Lisa the Cricuts are SO MUCH FUN! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. surecutsalot is a program for hooking up your cricut to your computer and allows you to use any truetype font for free! I was able to cut the CTMH fonts with it. It also takes all the guesswork out of sizing your letters etc becasue you see it right on your computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! Loving Yellow right now! I got the CE for xmas and I'm still figuring it out. But I like the SCAL advice. I think I have to get that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine my surprise and delight when I saw my name mentioned on your blog today! THANK YOU! Your card is darling! It makes me want to go use my Cricut Expression. I have had it for 2 years and finally got brave enough to use it for the first time last week. NO JOKE! Now I love it! "Easy, Peasy, Lemon Squeasy!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I love your blog-can't wait to see what you make using the cricut. Here some websites:

    Just a Scrappin-she talks about the new program Make the Cut-which you can cut any true type font.

    My Pink Stamper, Obessed with Scrapbooking, Christmas with the Cricut, Just Buggin...

    Also, you can go to the Cricut.com message board -there is alot of helpful people!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I have owned an Expression for 3-4 years now and I love it. I think you will also. If you like video tutorials, check out Creations with Christina at http://www.creationswithchristina.com/ and My Pink Stamper at http://www.mypinkstamper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your Cricut Lisa!
    Check out AboveRubiesStudio.com
    for the free Cricut Cutting Guide.
    This is a must have! Megan also
    has a Cricut A to Z DVD that is
    awesome too. I have both and
    extremely pleased with them.
    Check out Holidays With The Cricut
    also for amazing projects that the
    Calendar Girls create daily, plus
    they have a weekly giveaway of a
    cartridge!!! :) I own a "Baby" Bug
    and am happy with it although a
    can't make full size cards with my
    Wild Card cartridge. Oh and
    check out Creations With Christina.
    She has done videos on all the Wild
    Card Cards! Very helpful too.
    Enjoy your new toy!
    You're now a Cricuteer!!!!
    Hugs,
    Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, I love my Cricut too! I also have Sure Cuts Alot. I really like it and have been making my own files! I don't even have a desire to buy other cartridges right now since I am finding so much online-free!
    Happy Cutting
    Tracey Mason
    tmasonstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card you made and I know you will love your cricut. I have one and I find myself using it more and more everyday. It's amazing what you can do with it!

    ReplyDelete