Monday, February 22, 2010

Flower Card with Inspiration from the Kiddos

I bought my daughter some really cute jammies last week and after I saw them on her, I thought, “Hmmm, that might make a cute card.” So I pulled out some polka dotted paper, some matching cardstock, and my flower punch and started to make a card. I tried to emboss a cute sentiment with some white embossing powder on my first draft, but it just wasn't looking very good. While I was staring at the card, my 6 year old son came up and said, “Hey Mommy, why don’t you use a Rub-On instead.” OK peeps, my SIX YEAR OLD SON said that! How proud am I? How many 6 year old boys even know what a Rub-On is? And, he was right, it looked much better than the white embossing. LOL!

Here is my daughter in her cute new jammies. Check out the fun polka dots on the neckline and sleeves. (Hopefully you can see it in the photo.)
Anyway, it isn’t one of my best cards, but I just wanted to share it with you because the story behind it is so funny. So, here is another photo of the card that my daughter’s PJs inspired and my son graciously helped me with. (Sorry the photo is a little washed out. It really does match the jammies better than it looks here.)
Cardstock
CTMH: Cocoa, White Daisy, Tulip, Bamboo Papertrey Ink: Berry Sorbet

Patterned Paper

Papertrey Ink: Text Style Pink Patterns

Other

Marvy Flower Punch, Circle Punch, Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet Top Notch Twill Ribbon, CTMH Primavera Rub-Ons, Scallop Border Punch

6 comments:

  1. Cute, fun card, Lisa, and I can't imagine inspiration coming from anywhere better. Cool that your little guy knows what a rub-on is. He's paying attention! Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, your daughter and your card! I love when you find inspiration like that. I bought some article of clothing months ago and saved the paper tag off of them because something about it reminds me of one of our stamps. I need to pull it out and see what I can come up with.

    That's great about your son too! My boys always want to make cards with me, they're 9 and 6. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your son know what rub ons are, that's amazing! Your daughter
    is so cute, and your matching card
    is too! How are you doing with
    your Cricut? I'm going to play with mine today!
    Hugs,
    Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! You raised that boy right! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so cute and your daughter is adorable. don't you love it when inspiration comes from unexpected places. so glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and how you got the inspiration! I left you a little something over on my blog!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete