Monday, January 25, 2010

February Club Project - Criss Cross Box and Gift Card Holder

Wow! Thanks for all of the great emails and comments on my CTMH anniversary post. I love reading them. It is great to see that many of you love CTMH as much as I do. I love the questions too. If you haven't asked me to email you directly, I will post my answers to your questions on Friday. Keep 'em coming. Remember you have until Friday to post a comment to be entered to win my blog candy.

February’s Creative Club project will be a fun criss cross gift box and a matching gift card holder using the adorable new Topstitch paper packet. To find out more about my monthly non-commit Creative Club, click here. You do not need to be local to participate. I have members all over the country! (Hi ladies!) Please note that starting in February, we will be meeting the 2nd Thursday of each month instead of Wednesdays.

Now onto the project...
This cute box was inspired by Joanne Walton and Nichole Heady. It is an easy box to make as it uses only one sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock. We will be using the SUPER cute February stamp of the month called Piece of Cake (available February 1-28) along with a necessity in any stamp collection, the Happy Birthday set.
I stamped the cupcakes outline stamp with black StazOn and colored it in with CTMH Markers. I love CTMH dye based markers because if you are careful, you can blend them fairly well.
The gift card holder was inspired by Debbie Fournier. (Thanks Debbie.) The card fits perfectly into the box so you can slide it right in front of or behind your bag of goodies.
The belly band slides off and the card opens to expose a little pop up section where you can insert a gift card. (I didn't have a regular gift card handy, so I used a credit card for my photo. Sorry ladies, the credit card is not included with the class kit. LOL!)Isn’t is cute how the gift card just pops up when you open the card?We will be stamping an image from the cute Piece of Cake stamp set on the inside while leaving enough room to write a personal message to the recipient.Something that I love to do on my cards is use CTMH’s Foam Tape to pop images up to give them some dimension. That is exactly what we will do with the cake on the inside of the card.Click here for more details on this super fun club! Contact me at lisa@myctmh.com for more information, to sign up for next month’s class, or to order your own club kit(s). Next month’s Club will meet at 7pm on Thursday, February 11th. Please contact me no later than February 4th if you would like to join us or order a kit. (That will give me enough time to order the supplies and prep your kit.)

All supplies are from CTMH unless otherwise noted.
Paper Packet
Topstitch
Stamps
Piece of Cake
(available February 1-28), Happy Birthday, Love is in the Air (only available in the Topstitch Workshops on the Go Kit)
Ink Pads
Cocoa, Baby Pink, Black StazOn
Markers
Chocolate, Baby Pink, Heavenly Blue, Bamboo, Sweet Leaf, Hollyhock, Sunny Yellow

Other
Basic Craft Buttons, Colonial White Waxy Flax, 3-D Foam Tape

3 comments:

  1. This box and gift card holder is
    so cute! Oh, I wish I lived in CA
    so I could attend your workshops!
    Great job Lisa!
    Hugs,
    Maryellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome club projects, Lisa! I wish I could come, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wished i can come too! I really like to attend workshops about crafts!

    ReplyDelete