Wednesday, November 25, 2009

December Club Project - Mini Album Ornament

December’s Creative Club project will be a fun Mini Album Ornament. We will be using Close to my Heart’s Kraft Colored 3x3 Mini Albums to make ornaments to showcase some “year in review” family photos. You can also choose to make it into a little brag book as a gift for Grandma or for yourself. (They are the perfect size to keep in your purse to show off your adorable kiddos at a moments notice.)
The first page of the club kits will be stamped with the border as shown below without the type. You can choose to hand write, stamp, or use a computer font to personalize your title page.
There are 16 pages in this cute little album. Every other page will have a stamped border and journaling lines for you to fill in. The facing page will have a mat to place your photo. Below are a few examples from my sample mini album. Because I made mine into an ornament, my photos and journaling are vertical. You may choose to make yours horizontal if you do not plan to hang it on your tree.
I choose to use a photo of my wonderful hubby and me to finish off the book. (I am never fond of my profile pictures, but I thought this one was kind of cute in spite of my big nose. LOL!)My Creative Club meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7pm at my house, however, you do not need to be local to be part of the club. My long distance members get their kits mailed to them and any orders they place, get drop shipped to them directly from the Close to my Heart office. (Sometimes they even get their orders before the local gals!) Next month’s club is on Wednesday, December 16th. If you would like to attend or order a kit, please contact me no later than December 5th so that I have enough time to order the supplies and prepare your kit(s).

Click here for more details on this super fun club! Contact me at lisa@myctmh.com for more information, to sign up for next month’s class, or to order your own club kit(s).

All supplies are from CTMH unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock
Colonial White, Cocoa, Dessert Sand, Foam Tool
Stamps
Frame of Mind, Vintage Christmas, Card Chatter - Christmas
Inks
Cocoa, Garden Green, Chocolate for distressing
Other
3x3 Mini Album (Kraft), Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon, Cranberry Brads, Waxy Flax, 3-D Foam Tape

10 comments:

  1. This is just too clever. I absolutely Love it! And again, it's just perfect in it's simplicity. Hmmm...how soon could I get Kraft albums from Corp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling project! Such a great way to celebrate the season and the year. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ALWAYS have the best ideas! I may try to throw some together as gifts. Thanks! {I'm another one of Denise's CTMH offspring.}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea!! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute my friend-I may have to stamp lift this! I would never have thought to turn it up to hang and display this way...your clever girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this project Lisa! I would have never thought to make it as an ornament!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - love it - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted you to know that I love the cards, projects, everything you post. You are my inspiration for those 'hard' people to create for. Thank you. Have a blessed holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE your creative genius! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful project! So glad you shared it with me. Oh the inspiration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete