Monday, May 11, 2009

Open House Make and Take Projects

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! We had a great day at the park celebrating with my mom and her boyfriend. Both my Mom and my MIL loved their gifts. *Ü*

My Open House went well on Saturday. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Congratulations to Marina and Charli who won the door prizes! I thought I would share the make and take projects. I had a simple scrapbook page and a cute card card ready for anyone who wanted to make them.

On the scrapbook page, we used the Endless Friendship stamp set along with some Circle Window Charms and a Corner Rounder. Easy Peasy!

(The photo I used on my sample layout is of my son with my best friend's daughter. What is so funny is that they live in another state so we don't get to see them very often, but whenever we do, the kids always run up and give each other a big hug right away. If you have a copy of the 2008 Autumn/Winter Idea Book, check out the bottom of page 83. You will see the two of them hugging each other just like this on a totally different occasion about a year before. *Ü*)

Click on photos to enlarge.
The card was a total lift of Aaron Booth's adorable card here. (Thanks for the never-ending inspiration Aaron!) We used the new You're a Hoot stamp set along with my favorite staple set Say it in Style. The patterned paper is from the Magic Moments Paper Packet. We also used some ribbon from the Hollyhock Ribbon Rounds, some Black Bitty Brads, a Sweet Leaf and Sunflower Marker, and the new Foam Tape.

6 comments:

  1. Your page is wonderful. I love the simplicity of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That LO page is AMAZING! I will have to try this I totally love it.
    I love the card. Aaron does amazing stuff.
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, The page with the kids hugging is so sweet! I love it! The card is so cute, too - with all the curved edges and then some surprising straight corners! Cute flower eyes! I'm on the fence about the owls, but this card might push me off. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! Are these ever fabulous. I love the layout, love it! And I can so relate to the girls hugging. It's so sweet and precious.

    Your owl card is so fun, too. Aaron is truly inspiring, isn't she.

    I'm glad you had a great Open House and lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet are you! And, everyone else. Hope the open house was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, don't you just love those owls? I finally ordered them. Love the layout. It is elegant.
    I have an award over at my place for you. If you choose to accept it. Pandascrapper.blogspot.com.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete