Monday, October 20, 2008

My Cased "enjoy" Card...

This card was inspired by Beate's Weekend Sketch here and pretty much cased from Nancy Riley's card here. (I love her work.) CTMH's Notebook paper was a quick and easy solution for the background. I loved Nancy's card but since I don't own the SU! stamp that she used, I used a Creating Keepsakes foam stamp that I had for the word "enjoy." I tried stamping it with Cocoa ink but it looked horrible. My foam stamps never look very good when I use regular ink, so I usually use paint. This time I mixed some white craft paint with Blush re-inker.

I used my CTMH Happy Birthday set for the tiny "celebrate" at the bottom and stamped it with Cocoa ink. I finally got a chance to use my new SU! scallop punch. (Love that thing!) After sponging some Cocoa ink around the edges of everything, I added a little organdy ribbon and some tiny CTMH Sparkles to finish it off.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lisa! The colours are beautiful! Can't wait to get my scallop punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the CTMH papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is awe-inspiring Lisa. I'll definitely be casing your case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Lisa! I think I'll get out my MM foam stamps and give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saweeeeetttt!
    Love your work girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Lisa, your enjoy card is amazing! I love everything about it, especially the touch of bling on the "n"!

    THANK YOU so much for your kind words about my artwork and providing a link!

    Hugs~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, that card looks wonderful! I LOVE the three sparkles in the letter.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! Great inspiration! And thanks for having me on your blog list...I am honored! :)

    ReplyDelete