Saturday, October 11, 2008

Embossed Snowman Cards

I found a few Cuttlebug folders in my stash that I bought last year and never used. Ugg! I had to make something with them so I could feel like I didn't waste my money, so this is what I came up with...
I made one plain card with no background and one with the snowflakes background. They are both fairly simple, but I can't decide which one I think looks better. I will be making some of these along with my Christmas Tree cards to send out this year. Which one do you like better?
Stamps: Papertrey's Mixed Messages
Cardstock
: CTMH White Daisy and Cranberry

Inks: CTMH Cranberry and Black
Other: Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, ribbon from Walmart, 3-D Foam Squares

7 comments:

  1. Lisa, they are both just darling but I think I prefer the one without the extra embossing on the card front. To me, it seems like the 2 parts are competing for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable cards. I prefer the simpler one, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've always passed over these snowman folders, not knowing what to "do" with them. Dang, here you are showing a fantastic way to showcase them! Both are adorable, but I do prefer the first one with all its simplicity. Makes the image pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unable to resist that cute little snowman, I've had these folders since last year. I love both cards but the simpler of the two is the one that 'grabbed' me! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,

    You are amazing. I think that they are both cute but I do like the snow flakes in the background. Adds a little something. I think that the snowflakes would be nice behind the trees also. What do you think? Maybe a little to much?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have both of these folders as well and have to say that the simpler card is my fave of the two. I am so going to have to remember to case this card!

    ReplyDelete