Thursday, April 10, 2008

Men's Shirt Card

I am in the process of making some card samples for a class next month. Fellow consultant, Lisa Aquino, created some really fun folded cards that I thought would be great for a class. Here is the first of the cards that I am hoping to make next month. It was inspired by one that Lisa made. I am still waiting to get some of the new stamps and papers to make a few more fun shaped cards. I will post them as I make them.

I found the folding instructions for the men's shirt on Martha Stewart's website here. However, using the 8-1/2"x14" paper that she suggests makes the shirt huge, so I tried a few other sizes and ended up using a sheet that was 5"x8".

Below is a close-up of the shirt. To make the tie, I simply cut a piece of Cocoa Grosgrain ribbon, tied it in a knot, and slipped one end of the knot under one of the collars.
Cardstock: CTMH White Daisy, Indian Corn Blue, Cocoa Stamps: CTMH May Stamp of the Month called Say it in Style Ink: CTMH Cocoa Other: Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon, B&T from Free Spirit Paper Pack, Sanding Block

1 comment:

  1. Very clever! Gonna have to make one of these for sure. 'Man cards' are such a challenge for me. I love paper folding and this looks like something I can do. Thanks for sharing. The tie is darling, BTW! Like the color combo as well.
    Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete