Friday, March 21, 2008

Goodbye Grandma...

Today is a sad day for my family. My maternal grandmother passed away early this morning. We were in the midst of planning her 90th birthday celebration which will now never happen. She had been ill on and off over the past few years, but I never thought she would pass away so soon. She was one of those ladies you think will live forever. She was always so sharp and could finish a Crossword Puzzle in no time flat! Here are a few pictures from my daughter's first birthday last year when Grandma came to visit. I love the first one because it shows 4 generations including my grandma, my mom, me, and my daughter. These sweet memories will last forever. Now I just need to scrap them so my kids can look back at them when they are older.
I'm not exactly sure what Grandma was telling Hannah here, but it looks like something very important from the look on their faces. *Ü*

7 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    I'm sad to hear of your grandma's passing, but thank you for sharing the memory of her with us. These pictures are definitely treasures. From the love on her face, she counted you all as priceless treasures as well. I am glad you had special moments with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, so sorry to hear of your grandma...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. How difficult it must be. How wonderful that she had time to know your daughter.
    Deb in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,

    How wonderful to have had the blessing of her love and influence in your life for almost 90 years!

    Easter blessings,
    Jana
    CTMH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,
    I'm "catching up" and am so sorry to learn you lost your grandmother. Grandmas are very special people. Your photos are treasures that will help you tell your stories of Grandma to your children. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss, Lisa. I will keep you and your family in my prayers this week. What a blessing it was that she loved you and your children so dearly and that you had her for as long as you did.

    My God's peace and comfort surround you.
    -Alyssa Walters

    ReplyDelete
  7. My condolences on your family's great loss. You are in our prayers ...

    ReplyDelete